The road set
- tune your road bike for fast, agile and grippy handling,
- aerodynamic, agile front tyre coupled with grippy and comfortable rear tyre
- excellent puncture protection thanks to Vectran™ puncture protection insert
- excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
A new relationship between grip and rolling resistance
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
The benchmark in puncture protection
Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
A pioneering front tyre and rear tyre system for road racing
With the TirePositioning® System, the last little bit of what is currently technically possible has been exploited. Motorcyclists have known for a long time: Different demands are made on a front tyre than on its rear counterpart. The narrower front tyre provides reduced wind resistance and better handling. An adhesion-optimised tread mixture supplies the necessary grip especially for wet cornering. The wide rear tyre offers better traction thanks to a larger contact area and at the same time more comfort. Thanks to the fast rolling, optimised tread mixture and the larger contact area on the rear tyre, wear is reduced. The result is a pioneering front tyre and rear tyre system for road racing; to be found in our GP Attack and Force combination. – New since 2013: The first tubulars featuring the TPS system!
||700 X 22/24C