WHY DISC BRAKE TOURING ON BIKES?
Disc Trucker enjoys the same reputation as Long Haul Trucker: It’s one of the best-riding and most value-packed drop bar touring bikes out there. Sometimes, however, a combination of load, climate, and terrain demands a bit more braking performance than a standard rim-brake LHT can provide.
That’s where the newly redesigned Disc Trucker comes in. Packing reliable stopping power and a horde of useful mounting points, shortened chainstays up the Disc Trucker’s stiffness and maneuverability around corners. Add in improved fit and handling under load, plus captured thru-axles for tool-free removal and installation, and the Disc Trucker is ready to help you meet — or dodge — your daily obligations.
- Dynamo routing on the fork, plus three-pack mounts on the blade and every braze-on you’ll ever need for racks, fenders, water bottle cages, and more
- 12mm thru-axles for a stiffer feel and increased stability when fully loaded
- Shortened seat tube and slightly sloped top tube for improved stand-over clearance, plus increased stack height for a more upright and comfortable riding position on those long hauls
- Spec’d with the Truck Stop Bar and tubeless ExtraTerrestrial tires for dependable handling and traction
- Flat-mount disc brakes
- Frame sizes 42–56cm are available with 26” diameter wheels, while frame sizes 56–64cm are available with 700c diameter wheels
- Clearance for 26” x 2.1” tires with or without fenders, or 700c x 47mm with or without fenders
Sizes 26" wheel 42–56cm, 700c wheel 56–64cm
Frame Surly Long Haul Trucker, 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel.
Fork Surly Long Haul Trucker, 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed
Seatpost Clamp Surly Stainless, 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
Headset Cane Creek 40, 1-1/8"
Brakes TRP Spyre C, 160mm rotors
Brake Levers Shimano Sora
Shifters Shimano Sora 3x9
Stem Promax 31.8 4 bolt
Handlebar Surly Truckstop Bar
Grip/Tape Black Cork
Saddle WTB Volt Sport
Seatpost ProMax 27.2 350L non-offset (42-50), offset (52-64)
Crankset Shimano Alivio 48x36x26t
Bottom Bracket Shimano SM-BB52
Front Derailleur Shimano Sora R3030
Rear Derailleur Shimano Alivio M4000 SGS
Cog or Cassette Shimano Alivio, 11-34t, 9 speed
Chain KMC X9
Front Hub Novatec 12x100, 6 bolt, 36H
Rear Hub Novatec 12x142, 6 bolt, 36H
Rims (26") Alex Adventurer 2
Rims (700c) Alex Adventurer 2
Tires (26") 42–62cm Surly ExtraTerrestrial 26 x 46
Tires (700c) Surly ExtraTerrestrial 700 x 41